As we start to see more high skilled labor work from home/remotely/ we will see increasing number of countries changing their laws to attract these young immigrants to migrate to their countries.
The benefit of attracting these location dependent professionals is the potential creation of new companies/startups they can help create that can ultimately employ more local labor force.
So which countries are offering long term visas?
Countries offering long term visas for remote workers/Digital Nomads
- Georgia (starting July 31st) – 12 month visa
- Barbados (starting July 1st) – 12 month visa
- Estonia – 12 month Digital Nomad visa
- Ukraine passed a new long term visa for allowing more IT workers (but no start date yet) – 2 years
- Germany Freelance Freiberufler visa – Up to 3 years
- Czech Republic
- Spain Self-employment visa
- Mexico already has a 1 year visa for U.S/EU/Canadian citizens
- Costa Rica
- Portugal Passive Income visa